The ISBA is governed and administered by an elected president, a 27-member Board of Governors, and a 203-member Assembly.
- President - The Association’s principle executive officer and is responsible for directing and supervising the Association’s activities.
- Officers and Board - The Board of Governors is the administrative and managing body vested with authority to conduct the Association’s business. It typically meets four times a year.
- Assembly - The Assembly is the supreme governing body of the Association and meets twice a year. The Assembly has authority to establish and amend bylaws and policies, approves and reviews legislative and rulemaking efforts, and adopts budgets.
- Past Presidents
- Election Information
Section Councils and Committees
Much of the Association’s work on behalf of its members is carried out by its 41 substantive law section councils and numerous working committees. These groups provide practice area information, continuing legal education, and forums for professional discussion. These groups also have the benefit of serving as an incubator for ISBA involvement and leadership.
- Section Council Rosters
- Section Council and Committee Resources
- Section Council and Committee Self-nominations??????
We’re looking for the next generation of leaders in the legal profession. The ISBAs Leadership Academy will meet six times beginning in December 2019 and concluding in June 2020 to provide training to become effective leaders in the community.